Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search bar on my home page

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmnolen

Technical User
Oct 12, 2007
US
I'm using Dreamweaver 8 to build a dynamic web site. I'm running ColdFusion 8.0 developer as my server. The database was made in Access. The trouble is this: I put a search field on the index page of my site. I followed the Dreamweaver built-in help to set it up so it can search and pull up records from the database. But when I preview the site in a browser and try searching for something that I know is in the database, it doesn't pull up anything. What am I doing wrong??? Thanks for any help...!!!

Looks like a classic problem with line 23 of your code [smile] - that's as good a guess as you're likely to get without substantially more information, as we don't know where your website is hosted, or how you've coded it.

Read faq222-2244 to see how forums work, then post back with something we can look at. If it's Coldfusion code, then post in forum232

Steam Engine Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back