Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search & Replace - highlighting text - possible? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveoasis

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2004
US
Is there a way to highlight the names using Search & Replace?

Brad: Let me make a new motion. I make a motion that the number of board members be limited to 12.

Ric: I will second that.

Steve: All in favor of the motion to limit the number of directors [board members] to 12.

Brad: How many Ayes do we have?

Assuming you are using Word ... you need to say what makes them names unique - how they can be identified and, thus, found. From your post, I would guess a couple of possibilities are:

Start of Word -- some text -- colon
Underlined text

With that you can define the search criteria, for the above examples ...

<[a-zA-Z]@: (with Use wildcards checked)
(no text) - with cursor in text box, press Ctrl+U

And the replacement (for a replace all operation) would be no text, but format as highlighted - put the cursor in the "replace with" box and select Format > Highlight

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

Yes, excellent. Got Steve: to become highlighted. Will try advanced method also.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back