Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

search a database feild for key words and return results as query

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbee2

Technical User
Apr 21, 2002
Hi,
Through a macro call up a query when I select a button on the switchboard. This query acts as an initial search feature.
There is a feild called key_Words, where words are typed as markers to distinguish what is on the form record.
I am trying to get the query to look at this feild on the form and thru parameters in the criterea select three possible words in that feild and return the result.The resulting records can be filtered some more as normal from the filter button on the task bar. Lots of forms with key_words and wishing to search for particular forms that statisfy criteria.
How do I go about setting up the criteria for the parameter or is there a search function I can automate to do something like google or the search function for tektips for a database but I want it to run like a query because I figure thats what selects best.
Or have I confused eveyone including myself.
Ta,
Bill

Could you share your table structure, some sample records, and how you expect results to be returned from the samples? It isn't clear if multiple key words are typed into a single field/record or if you have properly normalized your tables so that each key word is stored in a separate record in a related table.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back