Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seagate Info Desktop 7.5 - Can't view reports 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

eknight1010

Programmer
Jan 3, 2011
US
We are using Seagate Info Desktop 7.5. Starting today, all Seagate Info Desktop users are getting the following message when they try to view a report in the HTML Desktop from their PC:

'The user login information provided is not valid.
Please check the APS name, user ID and password. 104'

No security changes have been made, and reports can be viewed on the server. We use NT security for Info Desktop, and users are able to login and submit reports, they just cannot view the reports. I found one white paper that contained this message, the only difference was the error code was 103 instead of 104. The whitepaper referred to errors encountered upgrading from SI 6 to SI 7, and the solution was to refresh every object in the Desktop. I have done this but it did not resolve my issue. I cannot find any other reference to this error in SI7.5. Has anyone ever encountered this before?

I started having the exact same issues Seagate 7.5, stopped working around Dec 30th. I can log in with credentials to the infoDesktop tool, but using the web portal getting the 104. error. I hope its not some licensing issue, or expiration. Any help would be appreciated!

Yes, our organization is having the same issue. First time back in the office since the new year. I can view reports no problem with the installed app, but the website (via java) gets the 104 error. Interestingly i can not even log into the info desktop via the HTML standard or HTML custom. Tried setting the date back to 2010 on the APS and webserver with the same results. please report your findings.

I need to make one correction to my intial posting, we are using Info Desktop for Java rather than the HTML Info Desktop. This is interesting that it is happening for several people. Has anyone found any information from SAP?

We are experiencing the exact same problem with the exact same error message. We received our first report of this problem earlier this morning.

Any suggestions?

Hi eruji, so you have the Info Desktop installed on your personal computer? We only have it installed on the server, but if we can install the desktop locally it may be a work around for the users.

This is bizarre that several people have started encountering this issue at the new year. Unforatunately, SAP offers no support for this product, so it looks like we're on our own to find a solution.

@eknight

yes, i have installed the info desktop desktop application on our service desk computers so they can email the reports to the end users. The end users (via web) can still log on to the Info Desktop and schedule reports, they just can not view them.

This is very suspicious that all of this started the first day back to work in 2011. Like i said earlier we tried changing the year back to 2010 on the APS and the webserver and it did not make a difference.

Doing some testing with previous VM image of our webserver to see if we can make it work. Ill update if anything works.

I hope that everyone updates what they have tried and hopefully we can get this figured out.

eknight, what os is your APS and webserver running?

we are running:
APS: windows server 2003
WEB: windows 2000 advanced server

Hi erugi, the weblink to get to Seagate Info Desktop is running on Windows Server 2003. Our APS is running on Windows Server 2000 Service Pack 4. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I will let you know if I find anything else out as well.

We've started installing InfoDesktop on user desktops that are local, but the remote web people are screwed.

We are going to try and restore a backup of the web access portal to a server with the date set for 2009 and see what happens.

everyone please post in the SAP forum for the same issue (if you have not already) not sure if this will get more attention there.

you will need to create an account.

@sanford, we tried manually setting the system dates on the aps and webserver with no luck, but please share your findings.

To all: we have same issues. We have a java developer reviewing the Web Access code to see if we can find some class file or object that the logon sequence is looking for. We are also going to see if we can get the Info desktop to run on a terminal server and have our remote users VPN and RDP into the term server and run their reports that way.

We are also going to attempt to try a restore from a previous day's backup to a server with a past date. This will take a while so I'm interested to see how the VM restore works.

Okay, finally got it to work (sorta). On the client machine, clear the cookies of the browser you are using to access the info desktop. Then set the system date prior to 12/31/2010. Restart the browser and try to view a report.

We have successfully loaded the info desktop for java and viewed reports. As well as logged successfully into the HTML versions of the info desktop.

It appears that it has something to do with a cookie being written to on the client system that is failing authentication or datatype in the new year.

Does anyone have knowledge of how to intercept this cookie or fix the dll that is writing the cookie? (ciweb.dll??)

Check the SAP thread above for a working solution.

I confirm, the HEX editor fix worked... thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back