Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

seagate Info 7 license recovery 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

balin

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
AU
I've posted this on Other forums but they aren't very active. Maybe you can help or point me in the right direction.
-------------
I'm moving to a new server and I want to re-install Seagate Info 7 on a Windows 2003 server....but .... I can't find the licenese key requested for the install.

Is there any way I can recover it from the installation on the retired W2k server. The original install was done by an Accpac partner. They don't have any records from 2001 and aren't very helpful. I don't believe we ever had a hard copy of the license. All I have is an installation disc and a manual.
--------------

I'm trying to fix a Crystal report error. errors are happening after a reinstall of accpac 4.2
I copied the original \Accpac folders from the old machine and a WINDOWS\CRYSTAL folder then did a system manager reinstall and all works well except for this error.

Crystal reports "error detected by Database DLL"

Most reports run fine but OE Order Action does this just after it's run through the Order records.

I need SI to edit reports also.

Can't find much info or support for SI 7

The license is on the Accpac 4.2 System Manager CD in the readme file.

SI 7 is 10 years old so I am not surprised. Ever consider upgrading?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

I just read your whole post. So you reinstalled Accpac 4.2 on a server I presume, and then some Accpac standard reports started to error out. Installing SI7 is not going to solve the problem, SI7 has nothing to do with Accpac reporting.
Is Accpac running on a terminal server and are you getting the error message on a terminal server session?

ettiene - thanks the SI install was fine.

Still getting the error of course. Running on win2003 as a terminal server and yes error both as administrator on the server and on terminal server workstation sessions.

From what I can gather it's a general error message returned from the database driver.

We're using pervasiveSQL2000.
I found this article But I'm a bit out of my depth here. The scenarios described don't seem relevant to our setup.
I had a poke around in admintools>data sources systemDSN lists Accpac pervasive odbc engine interface. Under configure there was nothing so I did a create database and pointed it to my Data folder. It seemed to pass the 'test'. I wouldn't have thought this necessary as Accpac is running fine.

What Next ?

I copied files from Crystal folder to system32 folder. Also tried copying to system32/Crystal/

Still get the error both running on server as admin and from a TS client.

Jon

You cannot just copy files all over the place, that's not good. You need to clean up all the files you copied, delete the Crystal folder(s) and delete CRPE32.DLL. Rerun Accpac workstation setup or reinstall System Manager and make sure you are in install mode before installing anything. Then copy the files once.

Been really busy on other projects. Will up date you with results next week. I appreciate you help.

I've 'cleaned up' and followed your steps.

Same error "error detected by Database DLL"

Since this is the only report we can find that generates this error. Is it possible that we have corrupt report files.

I can open the report specs in Seagate report designer and when I run the 'refresh' or print preview I get the following error.

"ERROR:loadlibrary <c:\programfiles\accpac\oe42a\oeactn.dll>returned 0 error = 126 [65535]"

followed by 'file could not be opened: "OEACTN" at file location c:\program files\accpac\oe42a\oeactn.dll'

then "error detected by Database DLL"

oeactn.dll is actually located e:\accpac\oe42a\

As you can see I'm struggling. Really apreciate the help. If you've lost this thread I'll start a fresh one.

JON

You cannot run this report from within Crystal, it's a datapipe. Run it from within Accpac, and run RVSPY and DBSPY at the same time, you might have data it doesn't like.

RVSPY
lots of GET and GET-Next
Till finally a GET followed by ==> <119 DBS NOT FOUND>
Then a series of CLOSE TABLE, UNLINK and OE0520 : OEORDH unload CS0003: CSCCD unload

DBSPY
Similar <119 DBS NOT FOUND>

OK, this is starting to get annoying. Look, we're talking about 7-8 year old programs that aren't supported by the vendor, much less VARs like us for free.

What's the name, date and time of the RPT you're running? Give me your email, I'll send you the stock version, I still have some old 4.2 folders sitting around somewhere.

OEORDACS.RPT
OEORDACD.RPT

jon@balin.com.au

Mate, we had a perfectly stable system until our server died. We've never had to complain and 4.2 does everything we want. If it isn't (wasn't) broke don't fix it. I learned this lesson early. You're not the only one who's annoyed. Thanks for your valuable time. I'll give you a star.

jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back