Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seagate Drive disappearing data / need to recover data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japetto12

Technical User
Aug 9, 2001
US
I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200 250GB Hard Drive. I cannot access it anymore, even using a converter and plugging it into a USB port does not work; it recognizes the drive but then won't install it all the way and won't assign a drive letter. I had it come up and assign a drive letter one time and that was it. I took it into a PC store and they had the same issue. Before the drive 'died' I could see new data I put on it and then it would disappear all of a sudden. What else can I try before sending it in to the experts? I've been checking around and most places charge $600 - $3000 to recover data, ahh! Any help and/or suggestions of where I can take it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

has a program called GetDataBack that has saved many a file on this forum. ZeroAssumptionRecovery is another good one. As long as your BIOS can see the drive you should be good.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back