Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SE Server Role

Status
Not open for further replies.

hibroth

Technical User
Oct 27, 2005
IT
After the ignition process you are requested to decide the unit role, I mean Primary, Secondary and expansion, once the system is running is there the way to switch the server from Primary to secondary or viceversa? Should we start again the ignition from scratch ?

thank you

i was told the ignition only runs once and change you have to put the ISO on a CD or USB and completely reload the server.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

You need to do it that moment or reinstall and choose again.
I wonder if the system id changes or not but i guess on an Avaya server it won't but i never tried so you should ask Avaya.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You have to reload it from scratch if you want to change it. Pay close attention to your licenses to determine which server should be your Primary. And certainly make sure you have the correct network addresses to put in it the 1st time. Once they're in there it's a terrible process to change them.

Changing IP addresses is not a problem.
It will be when you are running it virtually as the licenses are tight to it.
For the hardware server edition this can be changed from the webcontrol page
Here the info for the system id:

Server Edition Linux Based Systems

For Linux based systems, the System Identification value of the system is used. The System Identification value is displayed on the System | System tab and is a 'fingerprint' value generated from the server hardware (the server and the server hard disk). This means that licenses are tied to a particular system and cannot be used on another system.

Server Edition Virtualized Solution

The IP Office Virtualized Solution is IP Office Server Edition deployed on a virtual machine. The System Identification value for a virtual deployment is based on the following parameters:

• IP address for the LAN1 and LAN2 interfaces

• Time Zone

• Host name

The value of these parameters must be finalized before requesting licenses. The parameters can be set in Web Manager by selecting Platform to open the Systems page. See IP Office Web Manager for Server Edition and Standard Mode.

If any of these parameters are modified after licenses have been requested, the licenses become invalid and must be reissued.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

It's a 8.1, so physical machine where system id does not change. Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back