Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SE Expansion - Combo Cards are not supported on this platform 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

biv343

Systems Engineer
Apr 14, 2005
US
I ran across something I haven't seen before and thought I'd share.

This is a new system I'm configuring. IP500V2A, 11.0.4.SP7 with CP 11.0.4.7.1 build 1. End user hasn't had an appetite to upgrade to 11.1 yet.

Issue was with a new combo card, P/N 7005049897. System Status and Manager both threw errors saying 'combo cards not supported on this platform'. System status didn't show the analog trunks and the VCM channels didn't show up in resources - it only saw the VCM channels from the VCM32 card. Reboots/power down/reseat the card made no difference. Put the card in slot 4, no difference.

I had an old combo card laying around (P/N 700476013), put that into the new V2A system and that was recognized fine. No errors. Trunks and VCM recognized.

I put the new combo card (that was giving the error) into my lab system running 11.1.2.4. Came up fine.

Moved the new combo card back to the new 500V2A system, powered it up and it is now recognized properly. Trunks/VCM, everything happy.

Maybe an issue with the card downloading firmware from the new system? Not sure, but that's about 45 minutes of my life I'm not getting back, so maybe this will save someone time in the future, unless this was a one-off ghost that decided to haunt me today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back