Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SDT9000 f/w

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglebowski

Technical User
Jan 29, 2004
GB
I've been trying to locate f/w for a sony SDT9000/NI the checksum is 04r0 but sony are not willing to release it on it's own. Does anyone know where I can get it or is it possible to download it from a drive that I already have.
Thanks

the Nice firmware. I have looked and could not find it. But sombody has told me that an old Sony firm ware application can save the firmware first. So you take an old Nice DDS3 and save first, then put on you new drive and upgrad the firmware. But the problem is I can not find this software that allows saving. I was told it was a DOS app not windows. Let me know if you find anything as I am still looking too.

Ben

There is only one firmware upgrade for the SDT-9000 provided by Sony. The last two letters of the model number are for marketing purposes only. (IE the SDT-9000/BM is bundled with a Bezel and a Manual) Here is the webpage link for the firmware upgrade for the SDT-9000:

However, they advise you to contact them BEFORE running any Firmware Upgrade. In many cases, running a Firmware Upgrade is unnecessary and could potentially render your drive useless.

There is also a firmware upgrade option available included in the Sony Tape Utility for Linux, Sun Solaris and Mac OS X operating systems.

"Astra non mentiuntur"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back