Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SDNs and user extension DNs must be unique. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
Problem: CP 5.0 PBX 6.0
We had a user leave, that user typically monitored mailbox "A" and it was also their DN. The user left and the digital phone was deleted and a phontom made in its place, standard phantom DCFW to VM. Manager wants to keep the number of mailbox "A" active as an employee DID attendance line. An new employee came in with seperate DN. Im trying to get that phone/desktop messaging to see when messages are in mailbox "A".I thought it was a simple as adding mailbox "a" as an extension dn but I keep getting an error saying
"SDNs and user extension DNs must be unique"
Neither the new user mailbox or mailbox "A" are a SDN/CDN
Malbox A =4028
new user mailbox = 3808

Thank you for your time and help.

4028 can't be an extension DN for mailbox 3808 unless you delete mailbox 4028. You need to create an XMWK key for 3808 so that user will know when 4028 has messages and can check them.

Will xmwk 4028 on 3808 just light the Message waiting lamp?

is there a way for 4208 to notify 3808 of new messages via CP desktop messaging?
Thank you.

Yes, basically xmwk will light the message light and flash the key notifying 3808 that there are messages to be checked in mailbox 4208. I'm not sure about your desktop messaging question.

Out the first mailbox. Add that DN as the 2nd DN in the other mailbox.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Good idea DicVic, but then the user cant have her personal greeting and would have to play the greeting associated with the attendance line.I told them they could just forward the messages from the attendance line through the phone using 73...but i spoke too soon because now the problem is:
When i press 73 CP lady says " forward message, enter a list of mailboxes ect...so i enter the extension xxxx then## to end the list, then it asks me to record a message as if its a pre-message announcing that im forwarding a message to the recepient, but all i get at the desktop is the pre message i just recorded and not the message i was trying to forward..
get this though...if i check the message through the phone instead of listening to it through the computer, I get the pre-message and then it tells me i have an attached message...which is the message i forwarded..Why cant CP just forward the message without an accompanying pre-message?

You could use the auto forward rule in the mailbox to send all new mesages to a particular email address.... maybe a proxy email so multible people could reach it if one is out of office....

The forwarded message comes through in an envelope on the pre message page I didnt see it....DOH !!

As for forwarding to email.. i think that just tells them they have a message,I can let them know they have a message with MWCK, but the user needs to be able to put the actual voice message into a folder to track users absences and prove they called the line by having their voice recording.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS !!!

Using auto forward rule to a email mailbox sends the actual message in a .wav file if you mark it that way. Then they can save that to a folder if the want. I do it for several of my fax server mailboxes....

Thank you, i was on a 4 day weekend sorry i didnt get back to you sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back