Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SDN as a CDN vs ACDn

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastcoast10

Technical User
Apr 11, 2011
CA
I have played with CallPilot, and CallPilot application builder sufficiently to understand the basic operating principles, although I would not describe myself as an expert. Here are some questions that I have yet to find reasonable answers to, either in the Nortel docs or technical boards, I will relate those questions to our current Nortel environment. Hope someone can provide some insights.

1) The SDN table in CallPilot, and more specifically SDN entries relating to CallPilot applications.

Sometimes the SDNs are programmed as CDNs in the switch, others as ACDNs in the switch. I notice that the call flows that are referenced by a CDN tend to be more complex, looking for input from the caller. Those applications linked by dummy ACDNs are basic, playing just an announcement for example.

Is this the distinction as to when you would link to a callpilot application via an CDN vs an ACDN? If the call flow required input from the caller use CDNs, if no caller input is required use an ACDN.

Question: What are the recommendations on using CDNs vs dummy ACDNs as SDN numbers in your callpilot table?

2) We have an application in our SDN table that is referenced by an ACD number that has active agents against it. It turns out the active agents are 500 type connections associated with a line side trunk to our Periphonics IVR. If you phone that ACD Number you get the prompts from the Periphonics server. You can't hit the CallPilot application by dialing the ACDN.

There doesn't seem to be any routing issues around having a callpilot application being referenced by a number that is also linked to our Periphonics IVR.

Question: By definition does the SDN table have to contain only CDNs or Dummy ACDNs; and if as in this case the referencing number is an ACDN with assigned agents it is simply ignored by CallPilot?

On question 2, having not seen any of the programming, is it possible someone figured out a way to make the calls go to voice mail if all the IVR ports are busy, possibly for leaving a message, or just a greeting to say please hold until available etc?

As for question #1: I never use CDNs for any applications in CallPilot. I always use ACD DNs or phantom 500 ports. The only CDN you will see point to any of our CallPilots is the Voice Messaging CDN that is created when you run Config Wizard.

As for question #2: Print the ACD queue in LD 23 and look at the NCFW prompt. It might be pointed to CallPilot so if all of the 500 ports are logged out, calls will route to a message in CallPilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back