Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.SDL and .NAC files for USR Courier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2001
RO
Hi,

I have a USR Total Control NETServer 16 V.34+ and I want to update the firmware for it's Courier modems with x2 and V.90 capabilities. This would mean a firmware version later or at least dated 07/31//97. I need a pd*.nac and a pd*.sdl file (NOT SDL20.EXE DOS app or sv20.xmd XMODEM file) to upload into my router with the admin software. USR and 3Com does not support these equipments anymore so please help ...

Thanks

I doubt if I can help, but what is the firmware version and date of the current code?

I found on:

4 files that could be what I am looking for: sdl_46.exe, sdl_766a.exe, sdl_intl.exe and sdlpalla.exe. Thay could not be downloaded at this time (their server is not on line all the time). Maby you have them ...

That story goes like this (at least I see it this way): by the time USR were on their own at you could fine all tipes of firmware updates - a DOS app to upload your new firmware into flash (eg. SDL20.EXE), a xxx.XMD (eg. SV20.XMD) and (most important) one .sdl and a .nac file. Now 3Com offers only the first two and this only if you have a support contract with them ....

If you have access to modem's serial interface you can use first method to update firmware. If your modem supports AT~X! command you coul use the second one. But in USR Totalcontrol Netserver (opposite to USR Toatalcontrol Modem Pool) YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCES TO SERIAL PORTS. This device is a router and you even send all AT commands via router's software.

Nevertheless you have a windows software (Netserver Manager Plus) through which you can download TO Netserver flash updates for
1) Router flash
2) Modem's flash.
Both update flash firmwares consist of .sdl, .nac or .dmf files.

I need one pd*.sdl and one pd*.nac file with a firmware version dated 07/31/1997 (first one with x2 and V.90 capabilities) or later. For this version I have both SDL20.EXE (20 cames from 20Mhz model; modems are US/Canada) and SV20.XMD files. I need the simple .sdl and .nac file but the only thing I know is that thir names begind with "pd".

Thanks a lot ... even if you don't have anything :)

I managed to find these file from someone who worked for USRobotics by the time they supported this equipments. If someone needs them please mail me and I will send them.
My mail is vasile@pentagon.ro

PS
You also need NETServer Manager Plus admin software to upload the file into you device. You can download it from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back