Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SD Card Issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbankscharles

Technical User
Oct 8, 2023
US
In my System Status, I have a service alarm "Incompatible or invalid SD card fitted".

I can upload (music) files to the card and browse all folders without issue. I can download files except from the backup and primary folders. I get HTTP 403 forbidden.

Two questions:

1. If the card was incompatible (which I know it should not be) or not fitted (which it is) would I still be able to read from it? What would cause this error?

2. Should I be able to download files, especially from the backup folder?

Thanks

I think 11.1 has sometimes issues with the SD card and brings those crappy messages.

You can recreate the SD card and see if that fixes the error. If your licenses are valid then your system can read from the card as the license file is in the Primary folder.
Take it out, back up the files you need again and recreate it. I would first try without formatting it so that the files stay on there.

Edit: I would also not try that on a Friday afternoon as that is when sh!t goes sideways

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

The system I'm working with is 11.0.4.1.0. I have three units but only one is giving me the error about the SD card. You really did not answer either of my questions. Before I do anything I would like to understand why I would be getting an error. If it was a version issue, that is a pretty serious issue to be ignored. The important part of my question is that the card seems to working ok. I did try to download files from my other two systems but had the same error.

In the past I was never concerned about having issues with SD card. Now that I'm new to this site I would like to back everything up to my PC before making major changes. Is the only way to do that is by pulling the card out?

Thanks

I would reseat the card first. I have had a few that would give that error and that fixed it. Version depend and you may need to change security permissions to be able to get files from the card. You may also want to check and see if the card is full or close. Multiple upgrades over time can leave junk files behind and choke the card. Recreating it won't hurt any thing but it is always a good ide to copy config.cfg and the license file.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

budbyrd, I am logging in as Administrator, are there security settings that affected embedded file management? Because of this system's condition, I'd like to copy the config.cfg and license files before attempting anything with the SD card.

You would need to login as the security user to look at the security setting. More than likely the file management is set to https only and would need changed to unsecured.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back