Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCSI SE & HVD....compatible? convertable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taker

MIS
Oct 5, 2000
US
I have a generic WinNT server that has an ADAPTEC 2944UW that currently controls a Quantum 4700 DLT tape library.
We also have a DG WinNT server that has a built-in ADAPTEC 2940 that currently runs a Quantum 4700 DLT tape library.

I was looking into mergeing these two tape libraries, for space restrictions. These are in the same room except on opposite sides of said room.

The problem I have is this...one of the libraries is a HVD (High-Voltage Differential) and the other is SE (Single Ended). I would like to moved them both to the 2944UW is this possible? I haven't been searching long, but is there some kind of inline converter or can they be connected directly? [sig][/sig]

I realized a flaw in my post....the library on the HVD (Adaptec 2944UW) card just says DIFF, it does not specify HVD or LVD. If that helps anyone.... [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back