Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCSI read / write to AIT3 suddenly reduced to drives in jukebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazil2

Technical User
Feb 15, 2010
DE
I have a Qualstar TLS4222i juke box with two AIT3 drives and a further external AIT3 stand alone drive.

Ths SCSI type is LVD/SE.

Up until recently, all three drives could deliver a read and write throughput of approximately 12MB/s

For some reason however, both juke box drives can now only read and write with a throughput of 2MB/s whilst the standalone drive continues with 12MB/s

I have restarted the JukeBox to no avail, the speeds remain.

Does anyone have an idea what might cause something like this?

Best regards

With the info you have provided, my answer would be "gremlins".

You don't give much to go on. What is your backup program and version? What is your server operating system and version? Any updates to the Operating System or backup program lately?

If the external is using a different cable (most likely it's not chained to the internal SCSI bus) then I'd suspect a cabling issue because the external speed is not affected, but that's just a WAG.

Many thanks!

Well normally under such circumstances a simple reboot would suffice to these problem out, however it didn't on this occasion; I found it necessary to cold start the server in question i.e. remove all power for 30 seconds.

This resolved it! I presume the SCSI crd got itself in some sort of state

The backup software we use is FlashNet from SGL and the operating system is RedHat Linux 5.3

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back