Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCSI Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmattson

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
US
Is there a way to reset a SCS bus within NW6.5sp5? I had to reboot my tape robot and now it is not seen by Backup Exec. I recycled BE but that didn't help. I can't reboot the server right now...production.

TIA

Not that I know of. AFAIK, neither can Windows or linux.

You are correct that the bus needs reset in order to see the library again. Rebooting is the only way I've found to do so.

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

You could unload the SCSI driver as long as the tape SCSI driver is different than the one being used for the disk drives. Netware 6.5 is pretty good about not crashing when you do this as compared to older versions. I used to do it all the time when Arcserve would get hung up and the tape drive wasn't cooperating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back