Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCSI errors when running Linux Enterprise 3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylan619

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2002
US
Hi - I've also posted this question on the Linux forum.
We have an EMC cx600 attached via dual qlogic_2340s, via powerpath. The attached server is running Linux Enterprise Server 3 (patched). We have been receiving many instances of the following error:

Mar 22 15:26:16 servername kernel: scsi(1:0:1): QUEUE FULL status detected 0x1c-0x828, pid=54905759

I'm curious to know if anyone here has used an EMC SAN with Linux ES 3 successfully. (our ultimate solution was to revert to version 2.1, as our EMC technician was not able to solve this problem).

THANKS for any suggestions.

thanks, I'm sure that will help -- however, I notice right away that it specifically mentions RedHat enterprise 2.1...

Remember also that queue full is a valid SCSI condition, it does not mean that there is something wrong with disk array you are attaching to. I believe it is up to the HBA driver to handle the Q-full condition, many don't do it very well, you get host timeouts application freezes and crashes. All you can do really is tune the system so not as many IOs are being queued,
Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back