Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCSI Drives not visible during NT Server setup routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

hek

Technical User
Sep 9, 2002
NL
Tried to reinstall NT Server on IBM Netfinity 7100, but during the setup routine for NT Server using setup disk, it came to a point where it says "Setup is unable to detect hard disk drives" and then the installation aborts.
Think this has got to do with the SCSI host adapter and hard drives configuration. In the SCSISelect utility, the SCSI drives are visible. So, what else can be wrong? PLs help.

Before you even get to the point where it ask's to 'create, repair,etc...' you need to hit F5 or F6(I forget) and it will allow you to install any SCSI drivers. At this point, load the drivers and then install the system.
I have a Netfinity 5500 with IBM ServerRAID and this happened to me.
Good Luck!

It's F6. (or PF6 if you speak IBM :) )

IIRC, NT4 and 2000 workstation do not prompt you - you just have to hit it first thing you see the setup screen. 2000 Server does prompt you.

Chip H.

You should post this in the NT forum. This forum is designed for IBM storage subsystems, and should be operating system independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back