Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scsi device not loaded - NetWare 6 & ArcServe 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

deskhelp

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2002
IE
I'd be so glad if anybody has any ideas on helping me solve this one, I've been weeks working on it by now!

We have a Dell PowerEdge 2600/NetWare 6 (brand new install) with an external SDLT scsi tape drive. The SCSI adapter and drive are detected by the BIOS but it seems that they are not loaded properly in NetWare because the astart command gives a "PFC error E21104 Check SCSI hardware. Driver for SCSI adapter not loaded".

The adapter is Adaptec 39160 - how can I check whether it is loaded in NetWare? If it's not loaded, how can I now manually load it so that it OS sees the card? I have installed the latest support pack 3 for NetWare and loaded the newest adaptec drivers into c:\nwserver
I can pretty much do anything required as this is a new server without any data on it yet.

Thank you in advance for any help - I'm so stuck and frustrated!

Laura Kiely

type list devices and you will see it there
also check in startup - it will have a load line

seen this if pfc.ini is wrong

Hi,

You should have the driver for the card loading from the Startup.ncf and then NWAPSI.CDM loading fron either the Startup or Autoexec.ncf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back