Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scrum or Kanban - which Agile framework do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam-russo

Programmer
Jun 18, 2021
PL
Hi!
I know that in recent years, Agile took the software development industry by storm and now practically every project is held in this methodology. Which one do you use when working on projects: Kanban or Scrum? I've heard that Scrum is the most popular methodology but Kanban seems to be valuable as well. So, which one would you recommend to deploy in project management?

For smaller teams and less complex projects, Kanban works the best. Agile is much suited for medium to enterprise level teams.

Both methods provide room for change and are quite flexible. However, it should be understood that Kanban is less regulated.
One of the biggest benefits of Scrum is that it allows the team to move quickly and get results early on. Since each cycle of Scrum sprints is not very long, releases can be made quickly and feedback from early adopters can be taken into account at an early stage. Scrum is great for large projects and small startups testing their product.

Both methods provide room for change and are quite flexible. However, it should be understood that Kanban is less regulated.
One of the biggest benefits of Scrum is that it allows the team to move quickly and get results early on. Since each cycle of Scrum sprints is not very long, releases can be made quickly and feedback from early adopters can be taken into account at an early stage. Scrum is great for large projects and small startups testing their product."
But this is very individual.

My advice, which you can see it here helps brands make a connection with consumers that is easy to understand and not too pushy.

My preferred is scrum but it depends on the type of work, batch flow is suitable for a scrum framework, while a continuous flow of work is more suitable in a Kanban framework.
What is as important as the framework or even more important I would say is the agile mindset.

You can find out more about framework or software tips and guide on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back