Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scrolling on option 11 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

twin60

Programmer
Jul 22, 2009
US
I am used to a meridian 61c system, I have been sent to a hospital with an option 11 system. When I pressed the control key and the up and down arrow it does not scroll. What do I need to do to get the screen to scroll up and down?

I also had trouble getting into the Mermail because I had the wrong password. finally the monitor stopped working. All I have is a blank screen with a blinking curser and an orange band on the bottom of the screen. It will not acept any commands. Any Ideas as to what I can do?
Thank You

It is the same. It's not the system that allows you to scoll back it's the terminal. Some terminals will scroll back and others will not, depending on how they are set up.

You need to check the settings on the terminal. As far as losing the terminal, it may reset itself. If it sees a lot of garbage it can disable. If you have a laptop you should be able to connect it to any of the three TTY cables coming out of the main cabinet. You may need a null modem, but if it is connected to the terminal you could just move that connection. This way you can just use HyperTerm or ProComm to access.

Worst thing is that the TTY is locked and you have to re-enable from one of the other TTY ports, or....INI. Option11 so it should be quick.

What type of terminal is it?

If this is a VT 520 you need to go into the set up and check the box to review previous lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back