Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scrolling an Image via .gif Animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMax

Technical User
Sep 14, 2003
US
People,

Can someone take a look at this scrolling graphic (implemented via scripting); & tell me how I might recreate it as an animated .gif?:

I had wanted to add a graphic of a sound wave to my new site (created in Dreamweaver MX...which will be a resource site for digital musicians when complete); & to have it scroll across the page to resemble an audio track during playback in a computer-based digital audio workstation.

I created the graphic myself; & thought I had it configured properly with an appropriate java script to scroll correctly…but when I uploaded the site, the script caused it to scroll beautifully, allright…but the cursor on the page undergoes a rapid-fire toggling between the cursor arrow & the hourglass.

A java programmer tells me it’s because the cursor is switching between normal & busy…because the code is making a server call at the same rate the script causes it to scroll.

He suggested I would be better off with an animated .gif.

In anticipation of this (it was going to be my first choice for implementation)…I made the graphic twice as long as the width of my page…so as to consecutively frame it for movement in an area as wide as the page.

But that’s as far as I got…I’m drawing a blank on how to get it done.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on the correct method for a wide scrolling animated .gif image?

(I’m using ImageReady 3.0.)

Thanks very much,

mark4man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back