Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scrollable Form Activate time 2-3 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMCmtg

Programmer
Mar 27, 2000
US
Hi:I have legal size vertically scrollable forms,790x520 scrollable to 1190 with some having over 150 fillable text fields etc. I use the menu bar command(s) for example:
"Do form form003.scx name vform003 linked" (In top level and modeless)
It works fine except for loading and init(),activating etc.
takes on some 2-3 seconds to get everything up and running.
How do I tie a progressbar in from the click of a menu command to the paint and activate of the form?
I went into the various threads & trying to use the _them.vcx class but fundamentally I can't figure how to do it. Any direction or suggestions would be appreciated.
THX
Bill

HI Bill,

From what you are explaining, 2 to 3 seconds taken for up and running.. This could be the time VFP takes to load. It need not be in initialising the form. To find this out, you can insert code as given below..

If you have a main.PRG.. add the code..
PUBLIC tStart, tStatrSec, tEnd, tEndSec
tStart = TIME() && to know Hour minute seconds format
tStartSec = SECONDS() && to know accurate to milliseconds
If you dont have a Main.Prg and only this form .. then add the code to your forms Load Event.

Then in the Init event of the form.. after all the codes and thisForm.Refresh().. add the code..
tEnd = TIME()
tEndSec = SECONDS()
WAIT WINDOW "Start:"+tStart+" End:"+tEnd+ ;
" Sec.Taken:"+STR(tEndSec-tStartSec,15,4)
This will provide you the information.

This will provide you where the delay is.

Sorry I havent answered your question directly.. but after taking all the pain to make that work.. you need not feel that the thermometer bar just flashes and the form is shown on the screen .. which will be more disappointing :) ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back