Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scroll Mouse - How Can I disable? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JARE

Technical User
Jul 27, 2000
US
I have a data entry form with record controls
disabled but users with scroll mice can scroll
through records with the wheel bypassing the control
box property. is there any way to disable the
scroll wheel from doing this without confiscating
the scroll mice?

I had the same problem! I use the On_Click event to prevent the user from going past the last record. The guy testing my app had a scroll mouse - cruised right on by and caused an error. Any way to limit this rudeness?

I believe this is a dead issue, and needs to be resolved by Microsoft on their next Access release. I have posted this same question as well as others, but no useable response has ever came out of it, just thought I would let you know.

If Gord dont know the answer, nobody does!

=P

Chance~

Now cut that out Chance! I've been sitting here hoping someone would tell me! Help! Gord
ghubbell@total.net

Thanks for the link.
My user with the scroll mouse has SR2, and so do I. I still don't see an On_Scroll event, and he can still go past the last record. But it's comforting to know that MS thinks they've fixed it.

Unfortunately OverDrive is correct. Microsoft claims there's a fix for the "run away" scroll (mouse wheel) which I tried but it absolutely didn't work.

I haven't tried this in Access 2000 yet, does anybody know if it's been fixed there or do we have to wait the completely unanticipated Office XP (2002)?

Dave s-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back