Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scroll has gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobisto

Programmer
Feb 13, 2002
MK
I've a aspx page. On the body of the page I've set scroll=yes. The page contain a sumbit button. When the button is pressed, something is checked on the database and Server.Transfer is executed to target the same page. When the page is shown for the first time it has vertical scroll back. When Transfer is made on the same page my scroll bar is gone without a reason because from the content it shoult be visible.

First of all, why areyou doing a Server.Transfer to the same page? An aspx page always posts to itself. Second, do you have other controls on the page, such as a datagrid, etc, that would cause your page to show a scroll bar?

scroll bars are gone??? that is possible only in popups. u have explicitly set scroll to yes. so what do u mean by gone? is it disabled???

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

I've an order form. Form has textboxes, comboboxes, ... .First user fills the data and click check button. On that click I check the fields, and if the fields are not ok then page is post back and he see the errors. If everything is ok then i post a querystring parameter to the same form with Server.Transfer. In the page i check for the querystring. If page is ok then I lock the fields and show him another button for sending the order and transfer to diferent form.

Scroll should be shown because the contents is the same and is not fit in the explorer margins. By the way the scroll is set to yes.

>>In the page i check for the querystring

use RewritePath() method.

>>Scroll should be shown because the contents is the same and is not fit in the explorer margins. By the way the scroll is set to yes.

so it must show...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back