Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scripts Not Running- Notification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

act901

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
US
I have set up a scheduled daily data collection to run every morning at 12:05.
It looks like the script running is called 'collect.scr'
and writes to the following file: mdr1.dat
I would like to get notification that the script is running or the file is being written to everyday. Does anyone know of a way to do this from Nortel.
Idealy, it would be nice to get an e.mail stating the script ran/didn't run or the file was/wasn't written to. Anyone have an idea of how to do this?
I have looked through the NTP's and can't find any sort of event notification corresponding to this.
Has anyone written anything similar to this to ensure data collection is occurring at night...or any scheduled job is running successfully/unsuccessfully and some notification if it doesn't?
I am interested in this because data collection was not happening on my PBX for over a month, unbeknownst to myself.
thanks for any pointers. Any. : )

Sounds like you are using MAT - if it misses a scheduled item, you have to run it manually to get the schedule back in sync. I don't beleive there are any notification options.
OTM added a feature you can check - I think it is called run late - the scheduler will run a scheduled task if it missed it for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back