Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scripts and IE Warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMWCSD

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2004
US
I have recently purchased the Macromedia Studio Suite, and have been playing with a lot of the features. I came across some really cool stuff using Fireworks. I can put the drop down menus and stuff onto my pages, but when I view the pages that I have created using Internet Explorer I get a Warning saying that, "Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer." Does anyone know why this warning comes up. Having viewed the source code for sites such as MSN.com, I see that they use the same type of Java Script that I am creating through Fireworks, but their site doesnt give me a warning message. Why would it, MSN, IE all Microsoft. Perhaps someone knows how I can use another Microsoft product to create the results that I want as easily as Fireworks brings them to me, because obviously Microsoft does not want anyone posting websites that have code entered by a source other than a Microsoft product.

Anyway, as you can probably tell, I am a bit annoyed by this problem, I found these new features and was a little excited about it. Spent a few hours playing with it, and tryed to view my progress only to get the warning. SUCKS!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

It's because you are viewing the page locally and have Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed. If you have IIS installed, then view it through that. If not, I haven't found anything to get rid of that warning. Just click through the whole mess and once you get the initial page okayed, it should be fine until you close the browser window.

Lee

Actually the folks at Microsoft are doing you a favor by protecting you from them (activeX etc.).

Download firefox:

and be sure to add the extension at:

Use this as your development environment.
The whole thing is compact and neat. Anything that works on firefox will be more likely to work on IE than vice versa and security issues will go away.

Clive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back