Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scripts and ActiveX in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficeAnimal

Technical User
Jun 4, 2009
AU
I am currently doing a study course, the materials for which are stored on a flash drive. Whenever I open a new page in IE8 I get the message "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls ..."

Responding to this (a click, a selection, a dialog, a click ...) gets a bit wearing -- especially when this happens every time I open a particular page (not just the first time).

Is there any way to tell IE, "This page is okay. Don't ask again."?

All assistance appreciated

Under Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Security section (at the bottom), there is a checkbox for "Allow active content to run in files in My Computer". Check it and restart IE. I'm not 100% certain about flash drives but I think it should do the trick.

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back