Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scripting Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeezeee

Technical User
Sep 20, 2010
CA
Hi everyone. I hope someone can help with this question.

I have an application that wants to add an option 4 to have a message played to customers affected by a certain scenario. All the scripting existed. I added the BOLD section. When I try to save, I get a 'Syntax Error or Unsupported Command' error.

I'm reaching into my memory banks as I took the course a year ago and haven't touched it since. Any help would be appreciated!

IF thisIsAFrenchCall_cv = FALSE THEN
OPEN VOICE SESSION withTheCallPilotAccessQueue_gv
PLAY PROMPT
WITH LANGUAGE ENGLISH
VOICE SEGMENT MagazinesMainMenu_vs
COLLECT 1 DIGITS INTO theInitialCollectedDigit_cv
END VOICE SESSION

WHERE theInitialCollectedDigit_cv EQUALS
VALUE 1: ASSIGN VO_MagazinesSalesEng_sk TO withTheSkillset_cv
VALUE 2: ASSIGN VO_MagazinesCSEng_sk TO withTheSkillset_cv
VALUE 3: ASSIGN VO_MagazinesAREng_sk TO withTheSkillset_cv
VALUE 4: PLAY PROMPT
WITH LANGUAGE ENGLISH
VOICE SEGMENT MagazinesTempOption4_vs
VOICE SEGMENT disconnectAnn_vs

DEFAULT: ASSIGN VO_MagazinesSalesEng_sk TO withTheSkillset_cv
END WHERE

Shouldn't your Value 4 be something like this:

value 4: OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT MagazinesTempOption4_vs
END VOICE SESSION <<== you do not have one of these

Also, why have you got : VOICE SEGMENT disconnectAnn_vs as part of the play Magazines.....This seems like what the caller will hear will not flow as you want.

DFKSydney - That makes lots of sense. Thank you.

Now, I have an 'undefined identifier is encountered' error. Does this mean I didn't create the voice segment properly? Memory banks are empty! Need to dig back into the books it seems!

Possibly....

You need to create the segment in your mail system. I am assuming CP.

In APP Builder, in the app, create the actual segment, and note the numeric identifier.You will need to have some form of recording there, even if it is just "test test"

In the CC6/Symposium, in the Scripting / Script Variables / Voice segments you create the variable which is then the pointer to the CP entry you just built.

In the CC6 script you will use the variable in the play prompt voice segment.........

If needed you can have multiple segments, but be careful with pauses between the segments as well as the flow of the test.... sometimes when cascading the continuity makes no sense.

When you get the errors on validation, there should be a line identifier to lead you to the error. Its a good place to start.

This does not always work though. For the IF.. THEN.. END IF statements you can have an error at the start of the script but the indication is an issue at the end.... it then is awkward to read and debug sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back