Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scripting in multiple telnet session & crosstalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaredneck

Technical User
Oct 2, 2003
US
I have been having a problem when using multiple telnet sessions to transmit data with the same script. Occassionaly one session will transmit data from an input file that another session has open. It does not seem to be an issue if the sessions are running different scripts, only when running the same script. If I run one telnet and one direct-com session with the same script, it does not happen.

This recently seemed to get worse when I changed from WIN95 to WIN2K.

Is it possible that there a port conflict?

I appreciate any solutions or guesses.

Earlier versions of Procomm (before version 4.7 I think) had a problem with data from one telnet connection bleeding over to another. What version are you running?

If you are using the same script with multiple connection and they are accessing the same file at the same time for input (and would be referencing the same file ID from the fopen command), then I would suppose this could be possible, but I have not tested this theory myself. Do you see this problem if different script files are all accessing the same input file (it doesn't sound so)?

aspect@aspectscripting.com

I had noticed it with previous versions as well, but not to this degree. I'm currently using v4.8.

If you create several copies of the same script and give them unique names, then the problem does not occur (that I have noticed). I had not considered that the file ID's being the same, might be causing the problem. I'll have to test that further.

The fact that it is an intermittent issue is making it difficult to pinpoint the trigger.

Thanks for giving me another direction to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back