Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scripting Error in IE4 SP2! Cannot change to IE5.5 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

throft

MIS
Jan 5, 2001
US
I get the following message in IE4 SP2 when attempting to view a textbox next to a dropdown box. They are side by side and are supposed to allow you to search through the database either way.

The error message:

An Error has occurred in the script on this page

Line: 13
Char: 54
Error: 'ControllerSelect.children[...].text' s not an object
Code: 0

I know a lot of these errors come up on different pages. Could this be a problem in the coding? What would make it work in IE5+ but not in IE4SP2? We won't be upgrading browsers here for another 2 months, being that we are a fairly large company. So, I was trying for a quick fix before the upgrade.

Thanks,
Ben

That is a javascript error, basically it is saying it cannot find the ControllerSelect variable. The problem is with whatever website you were viewing at that time, not with IE. you could contact the webmaster on whatever page you were visiting and tell him about this error...

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back