Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scriptaculous problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alohaaaron

Programmer
Mar 27, 2008
US
Hi, For some reason the demo examples of scriptaculouos to do an autocomplete drop down don't work on IE. I download the latest version of scriptaculous and run the ajax_autocompleter2_test and it doesn't give me the dropdown lists in IE but it works fine in firefox. But their example here works fine in both IE and Firefox. Isn't it compatible with both browswers? Thanks, Aaron

Are you running this locally (file://) or on a web server ( If the former, you probably wont get it to work too well without changing your security settings.

I'd advise testing on a web server (either locally or on a hosting company somewhere).

Also, if the AJAX call is going cross-domain, you'd need a proxy (e.g. Snoopy, etc).

Hope this helps,
Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Tech Snippets & Info:

Thanks Billy. I downloaded their files and ran their tests locally. file:// but it only works on firefox, not IE.

I also tried running their tests on a web server under our domain and it also failed on IE. Shouldn't it work with both browsers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back