Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script to output weekly file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr71transam

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2009
I posted this in the Nortel: CS1000 (Meridian) systems and was directed to post it here. Your Help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to here and ProcommPlus (no programming experience). I have ProcommPlus 32 running on a PC with a direct connection to a Nortel PBX. ProComm setup is, TTY,Zmodem, directconnect Com1, 2400, E-7-1.
When I toggle the file capture icon. ProComm outputs a sequential capture file pwxx.cap to C:\Programs files\ProcommPlus\Capture.
Everything works great.
What I need is for ProcommPlus to output a file each Monday at midnight of the last weeks data. I would like the output file to be DDMMYYYY.csv and saved to C:\Programs files\ProcommPlus\Capture.

You can find some example capture scripts on the samples page of my site (link below) that should get you started. There are probably also a couple similar scripts in the previous posts here that may be similar to what you are doing. You might also try using Procomm's Script Recorder to get the starting of a script (such as the steps necessary to pull up the report), then add the capture-specific commands. I've copied some information on how to use it below:

If you are trying to create a script that automates communications with a remote system and the text is relatively constant, you can make the task easier by using the Script Recorder to create your script. To enable the Script Recorder, select the Tools | Scripts | Start Recorder menu item. Procomm Plus will now monitor all incoming data and your outgoing responses to that data. Start performing the tasks (keyboard-based only!) that you want Procomm Plus to record. Once done, select the Tools | Scripts | Stop Recorder menu item. You will be prompted to save your recorded script; some editing of the script may be necessary. Be aware that if you dialed an entry from the Connection Directory, then your recorded script will be attached to that entry unless you change the value at the bottom of the Save As dialog. When you view your script, you will see that it is composed of waitfor/transmit commands. If all looks well, compile your script and see if it executes as expected. To make a recorded script more extensible, you can take a recorded script and replace some of the recorded strings with variables so that a more general script can be created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back