Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script to output weekly file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr71transam

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2009
I'm new to here and ProcommPlus (no programming experience). I have ProcommPlus 32 running on a PC with a direct connection to a Nortel PBX. ProComm setup is, TTY,Zmodem, directconnect Com1, 2400, E-7-1.
When I toggle the file capture icon. ProComm outputs a sequential capture file pwxx.cap to C:\Programs files\ProcommPlus\Capture.
Everything works great.
What I need is for ProcommPlus to output a file each Monday at midnight of the last weeks data. I would like the output file to be DDMMYYYY.csv and saved to C:\Programs files\ProcommPlus\Capture.

The data is the (RAW)Call Detail Reporting from my Nortel 11C. Mamagement has determined they require weekly reports as to who is calling and receiving calls and from where.

PS I like your handle. A Trans AM is a Firebird.

look at options (tab) then data options then paths.. you can change the path to a share drive.. if you need a simple script to start and stop a cap file

Code:
proc main
loop:
capture on

pause 32000 ;number of seconds

capture off
goto loop

endproc

that one is about as simple as it gets

if your never used scripts, tools/scripts/edit/new

and paste the code in, do a save as, complie.. that creates a .wax file.. you can add a script to a meta key or run it from the edit/open box

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

First of all, do you use or do you have access to MAT or OTM /TM etc. The reason is that you can use the data buffering and access function to capture the call logging (and traffic) data via the Ethernet.

If this is possible, then there is a brilliant & simple excel program that will convert the raw data for you. It's called CDRImport.xls.

You may want to download some related info here

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back