Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

script to import csv into distribution list in exchange console 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcguire80

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2012
US
Hello,

I'm trying to setup this script to import a csv into a distribution list in exchange console:

Import-CSV FileName.csv | ForEach {Add-DistributionGroupMember -Identity "DG Name" -Member $_.Name}

But when I run the script in the exchange console shell. I receive the following:

Cannot find object "ALEXCLARK" Please make sure that it was spelled correctly or specify a different object.

I've attached my .csv, if someone could tell me why this won't add this address to a new distribution group

My CSV just has the 1st row

Name PrimarySMTPAddress
ALEXCLARK his email address

Your sample for the CSV appears to be inco0mplete since it does not actually include any commas. Please confirm you are actually using a CSV and not a tab delimited file. If it is tab delimited then you need to specify your delimiter when importing the data.
Code:
Import-CSV FileName.csv -Delimiter "`t" | ForEach {Add-DistributionGroupMember -Identity "DG Name" -Member $_.Name}

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back