Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script to change db connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mich

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2000
US
We are migrating to a new SQL box and have to point hundreds of reports to the new server. Is there a way to script this?

-If it ain't broke, break it and make it better.

Hi,
The Admin page of your BOE installation has a utility to make mass changes to all reports in a folder ( I don't have access now, but I believe it is the Schedule manager accessed from the set of tools on the left of the Administative Page)

If you are retiring the current server, then a change in the DNS alias could be all you need to do.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I'll check that out. Thanks for the tip.

The server isn't retiring, we're just being moved to another one.

-If it ain't broke, break it and make it better.

The Admin Page is not available in XI 3.0 and later. So, if you have XI r2 or earlier you're ok.

I'm not aware of a tool for doing this type of thing in 3.0 or later, although I've been able to write code using the SDK that does this type of thing.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi,
Thanks, hilfy, for that updated info..Seems like a step backwards ( but I have always thought that SAP's taking over BO was a bad thing ( worse than BO getting CE),I'm glad I am retired from supporting it)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back