Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

script help please 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
Hi all i have a simple request.... I have a script i run daily to capture my history report for each of my 5 seperate switches. The script works the way it should. i want to take it a step further and have it write the captured file to a specific file name to the designated capture folder after the script completes so i dont have to go back all the time and rename the captured files. I hope this is enough info to go by, Thanks so much for helping me out. have a super day!!!

I take a different approach since I'm not a script expert. I put the script commands that do the work in STARTUP of Procomm. Then I run a reboot and Name2Date in a batch file that runs in Windows scheduled tasks. (Procomm is also in Windows start up folder). You can find Name2Date here:

I use NirCmd to execute the reboot, fount at Nirsoft.net or

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Thanks GH, but thats a little more than i bargained for. I just need to know how to modify the capture file script so that when capture get shut off by the script it writes the file to the destination folder something other than "pw01, pw02, etc". Thanks again

heres a quick example of what i have allready:

proc main

capture on

transmit "****^M"
transmit "ld 42^M"
waitfor "."
transmit "stat^M"
waitfor "."
transmit "****^M"
waitfor ">"
transmit "ld 137^M"
waitfor "."
transmit "stat^M"
waitfor "."
transmit "****^M"

capture off

endproc

i usually use a share as my download path for capture file.. and there is a command to append the file name with the time and date... i don;t have access to aspect from this box but try the aspect forum... someone there has that command line

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thank you for all your help, i got it working with all your help.

THX again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back