Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script for Save As Template

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizybeaver

Technical User
Apr 7, 2004
US
I'm looking to create a script in Corel PhotoPaint version 9 or 12, where I can use the Image (or Mask selector) and when I draw a box around an image, it will automatically, save the selection as a JPG and perform some basic effects such as Auto Equalize, Dust & Scratch Removal, etc. I can pretty much figure out how to apply the effects.

What I need help with is how to perform a "template" saving function as sort of used by most Twain device scanners (or I believe, as part of the Kodak Imaging built into Windows). The template basically starts with something like scan01, then when you have (scan or create) a new image, it checks the folder and will then save the next image as scan02, and so forth.

Anybody know or have a snipet that can help get me started, or at least thinking?

Thanks in Advance!

Well, first, you don't want to save to a JPG first because that is a lossy format. You'll want to save to the CPT format first. It's non-lossy. If you need a JPG, have a JPG export be the last item in your script.

As for creating your script, why don't you just open up the Recorder docker and record one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back