Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script for importing PST into Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

CecilXavier

Technical User
Oct 2, 2007
US
Good afternoon all,
I'm trying to formulate a way to automate importing of an address book into outlook. I believe I can export the address book as a PST file. I want to set up a batch file or script that will import the pst file to whatever computer I set the script up on. I'm having a little trouble finding any command line switches that work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. I was searching for the wrong thing it would seem.

I read through the link sent. It's not quite what I'm looking for. Here is my plan. Have a mailbox that someone creates an extensive list in the contacts list. Export that list to PST. From several other machines, import that list into their contacts to allow those select people to see that extensive list. Set this up to automatically import the list every Sunday at 3am to avoid lynching.

The last part is really important.

They are connected to exchange. Found a different path. A shared folder that only the specific people can see. This may be mu solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back