Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdunbar

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2002
US
I am experiencing many, many "script errors" when running explorer. For example, if I start Internet Explorer and address the windows update page, I get the warning that Iexplorer has experienced errors and will shut down... and it does. If I go to the control panel, I get an error warning and most functionality is missing from the window (i.e. in add/remove programs, the name of the program is missing, and you can't select the programs) If I try to install Norton Antivirus the setup script encounters an error. The error generated is error 30... unspecified (figures). suggestions on where to look? I've scanned the machine for viruses over my network so I know it's not a virus.

I would first try a System File Check to see if an files are corrupt files etc.

Open a Command Prompt window and type....

SFC /SCANONCE

This will run a system file check on the next reboot. You can use SFC /? to see all the options. I suggest doing the scan on a reboot so no files are locked while scanning.

If that doesn't work do a SFC /PURGECACHE to delete the service pack cache files and then reinstall Win2k Service Pack 2, plus look at installing IE5.5sp2. Do a custom install of IE5.5sp2 and adding the Microsoft Virtual Machine. New Zealand, a great place to live.
tokala@orcon.net.nz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back