Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script Error??? (Please Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProWannabe

Technical User
Aug 5, 2003
AU
Hey again! :) When I save all my work as a DIR (Director) file, how can I make my work to be 'auto-run' when loaded via a CD-ROM??

I'm not sure if it's done by File > Create Projector... and I have done so but it still doesn't play automatically when I insert the CD in (this is after I've burnt my work onto a CD-ROM and am testing to see if it autoruns)...

Also, in Director there aren't any major scripting errors that are visible. However, when I make my DIR file (a copy of it) as a Projcetor file, after playing this projector file when i access a certain section of my work, an error message pops up saying "Script Error: Continue?" and has 2 options Yes or No...

How can I iron-out this scripting problem and where would the problem most likely be located??

Thanks for reading this guys, 2 problems above so try to answer as many as you can, thank you very much for reading this once more :)

To make an auto-run CD on PC, you need to include small text file "autorun.ini". You can set the icon for the CD in this file as well. Open Notepad, type in the following:
Code:
[autorun]
open=someProjector.exe
icon=someIcon.ico
then save as "autorun.ini" and put it in the CD. That's it.

For an auto-run CD on Mac, you'll need to use Toast to burn your CD. There is a setting in Toast to define the auto start file.

About your script error:
"Script Error: Continue?" message doesn't give you enough information about where the error is occurring. To get full error message, do the following:

(1) Copy "Director.ini" file, which is located in the Director application folder.
(2) Place copied "Director.ini" file into the file where your projector resides.
(3) Rename "Director.ini" to "yourProjector.ini" ("yourProjector" is the name of your projector.)
(4) Open "yourProjector.ini" in Notepad (or SimpleText)
(5) Un-comment (remove ";") the line ";DisplayFullLingoErrorText=1" (so it will be "DisplayFullLingoErrorText=1")
(6) Save "yourProjector.ini"

Now if you run your Projector, it should give you full error description!

Small typo. Big difference.

Should be autorun.inf to autorun under Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back