Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script debug in ghosted farm server, but not original

Status
Not open for further replies.

aristos

Technical User
Dec 12, 2000
US
Hello!

I'm in the process of building new Citrix farm servers and our method is to ghost the new server from a known good server and make adjustments. It's worked well in the past, but now we've got an issue that is cropping up.

Machines: HP DL380G4, 2GB RAM 130GB+ HD, Win 2k Server
Citrix: MetaFrame XP

The issue: I'm ghosting using an image from a known good server, which I'll call TSM014. I'm using that image to ghost a machine (same hardware) that I'll call TSM501.

On TSM014 (farm #2), going to the company homepage results in no errors.

On TSM501 (on farm #1), using the ghosted image, there is a script error that occurs when the page is loaded. Looking at the script debugger, it looks like the error is in a javascript document.write command (the pop-up says "Permission denied").

It *looks* like a permissions issue, but we've compared the permissions on the TEMP and Temporary Internet Files folders between this server and another known good server on farm #1 - and they are the same.

So now I'm just scratching my head, trying to figure out what's going on.

Any pointers/places to look? Need more info?

Mike
Will BF1942 for food...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back