Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script access in Symposium

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFWatts

MIS
May 8, 2003
US
Can anyone confirm whether it is possible to edit the scripts from the "scripts editor" window in SECC? The highest level login that I have only has view permissions to scripts. I can't even modify the access-class to add permissions because my login only has view permissions to access-classes. So it's a catch 22...If I could add the permission, it looks like I could modify the script. My vendor tells me that this is due to having the "Express" version as opposed to the full version. I'm not sure if this is true or not. According to the feature report, I have the "advanced script commands" feature enabled on this system.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I am almost 90% positive that you should be able to change your scripts, if they have given you the access rights to do as such. Try the default login and password. Just remember to be thorough when changing your scripts.

SECC or Symposium Express does not allow direct editing of the scripts. The "design" intent of this software is entry level and cost effective. In order to meet these criteria there are several limitations (when compared to the full version). One of those is programming through the forms, not through scripting.

Thanks for the replies. Here's my beef about SECC. A few weeks ago, I was asked to change a couple of our ACD skillsets so that after-hours calls would be handled by a skillset that stays open later. No problem here right? When I used the Call treatment wizard to "queue to skillset ABCDEF" in the after-hours treatment section, the callers would never get music-on-hold, or queue announcements. They would just get ringback! Our hold times go up to as much as 11 minutes at times, so imagine listening to a phone ring for 11 minutes! It's not going to happen...the caller will hang up! Upon investigation (and some great help from this forum!), I found that the point in the script where the Call treatment wizard would inject the call does not provide the hold music or announcements. Even worse, I could open up script editor and see exactly where the change needed to be, but I could not make the change because of my access permissions.

So here I am, unable to make the change and my vendor is telling me that I need to upgrade! It's very frustrating, and not to mention, impossible to justify to upper management the the reason we need to upgrade to SCCS is because SECC does not properly create the scripts in some cases.

OK...I have vented...I'll get off the soapbox now! If anyone out there has SECC and has the ability to manually edit their scripts I would like to hear from you please!

Thanks again,
--Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back