Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screensaver Via Group Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil3000

IS-IT--Management
Jul 7, 2009
GB
Morning all

I have a client who has a Windows SBS 2008 Server and he wants to deploy a picture screensaver via group policy. Hw wants to be able to put pictures in a shared folder on the server and then the clients use these pictures for there screensaver

The clients are a mixture on windows xp and 7

Any help would be most gratful

First thing you need to figure out is if you can point the local screen saver to a UNC path for images. If that is possible then you can specify the screen save to use via a GPO without issue. You can also use Group Policy Preferences to push out any registry settings.

I'd start by manually configuring one client to be setup the way you want. Then look in the registry for the settings you need to clone and push those our with GPP.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

No trees were harmed in posting this message, however a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back