Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screensaver event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disferente

Programmer
Jun 23, 2008
US
Is there anyway to get a event to fire when a screensaver starts and stops?
I have a form that is frequently repainted and there is no use of it doing that when a screensaver is ontop.
I have already added code to stop it from painting when the computer is locked.

Have you tried some form of IsVisible on the form itself?

If [blue]you have problems[/blue], I want [green]source code[/green] AND [green]error messages[/green], none of this [red]"there was an error crap"[/red]

The problem is that the form jumps on top of whatever screensaver that comes up. I have seen some api calls to check if a screensaver is running, but I'd rather not check that every second if I can help it. I'd rather have windows notify my program when the screensaver starts.

Your program popping up doesn't stop the screen saver?

What if you intermediary(sp?) application that did the checking every second, and then notified you that the screen saver started/stopped?

I don't know if you can request notification when something like that happens.

If [blue]you have problems[/blue], I want [green]source code[/green] AND [green]error messages[/green], none of this [red]"there was an error crap"[/red]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back