Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Viewing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridge

Technical User
Jan 31, 2000
US
I have set up several web sites, and I have sized them all to 760 pixels wide. They all open up and fill the screens width...at least all the screens from friends and family that I know of.
But he last site that I just did, displays on only 3/4 of the screen width. The web page is shrunk.
Its not shrunk on my screen, but it is on at least 2 or 3
that I know of.
Is the any codes, or how do i fix a problem to make a page fit to the viewers screen?

You are currntly using set widths such as 720px ... this means the page will fill a different percentage of the screen dependant on the screens resolution.

If you want it to look reasonably simialar on all screens then use a % value for your width.

Rob

Thanks Rob....
Now if I only knew how to do that?....

Sure.... here is the link...

It displays a full screen for me... on 3 differant computers... But have had at least two to tell me it displays only about 2/3 of their screen, leaving a blank
margin to the right.
They also tell me that the is the only site that this happens to them.

I use Windows XP-Pro with IE 6.0 on all three of mine....
I dont know the systems of the ones that say they dont display a full screen.
Just concerned as to why they say they have no problems with any other site...and only this one...

From what the others are telling me, its not displaying nearly that wide on their computer. I dont think it is their resolution settings because other sights that I have done the same way, they have no problem with.
Their are several more pages in the web site after the flash movie, and they are telling me that all of the pages are not displaying right.
Thanks ahead of time for all of this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back