Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2001
GB
This might be a newbie question, but has anyone come across this problem or know of a solution.

We have been running Metaframe clients at remote stations for a while and all seemed fine. The server farm has just been updated and all was we for a time, but now the client screen resolution seems to have changed. The client mormally run at 800x600 or 1280x768 and it use to fit on the screen nicely. But just recently it seems the actual screen size (from the farm) is bigger than what has been set on the desktop/client and now scroll bars have appeared on the client window. I haven't changed anything on the server and from the amount of client terminal, at different locations, they haven't been changed by the users.

Any ideas.

Paul Woodward

Have you updated the client as well as the server?

Which service packs are you running?

Does this happen to all clients or just some?

Is this a published desktop, or a server connection?

I think it is Service Pack 2, but not 100% as I'm working from home this week and my secure connection isn't working

The clients are either 4.70.741 or 6.00.910.

It only happens on some of the clients

It is a Published desktop

There are many display enhancements in the new client, some of which have been seen to produce unexpected results.

Try to find a common link - eg, does this happen on all 4.x clients or just the 6.x clients? Does it happen only when connecting to a particular server?

Try setting the resolution in the clients to 256 colours. I have seen many "oddities" when the client is set to 16-bit (strangely enough, 24-bit colour seems pretty stable).

Is the desktop application set to seamless in Published Application Manager?

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back