Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

screen shots of websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
hi,

I've hunted for hours on G! and cannot find a working script for capturing websies into an image, so I can do website thumbnail previews.

Does anyone know if it is possible with perl.

if not PHP or ASP will do!

thanks,

1DMF

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

This does screen captures of current machine it is running on, I need to pass a script a URL and grap an image of the page rendered.

there are plenty of web services offering this (for a price) such as alexia, so it is obviously possible.

I just cant find anywhere where there is a script available to acheive this.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

Have you searched CPAN for "scrapers"?

------------------------------------------
- Kevin, perl coder unexceptional! [wiggle]

yup - nothing.

In the end I got hold of an ActiveX plugin for the server.

works a treat, I guess I could interact with it in PERL but the demo came with an ASP example so stuck with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back