Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen sets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirectOne

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2002
US
Need a listing of all modified and changed screens sets, I saw a previous post for SQL, but I need a solution of pervasive.

Any Ideas.

Thanks.

This is probably a problem since the screen files like oescrfil.btr and arscrfil.btr aren't in the data dictionary file that's in the SCREENS folder.

Kevin Scheeler

I tried opening the screens db using the ddf's but I don't see the ??scrfil files,

Are there updated ddf's for the screen database?

Thanks.

The one I was looking at was from 7.6.300b. I've never seen them include the screens tables. Only in SQL since they are part of the database.

Kevin Scheeler

No there are not as far as I remember. Macola does not need them since they look directly at the BTR files instead of odbc through the ddf's.

Out of curiosity.....why still on pervasive?

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!"

Ask a great question, get a great answer. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.
Find out how to get great answers FAQ219-2884.

Actually I have a set of screens .ddfs I can email you, visit my website and drop me a line. I am not sure how recent they are however.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
" - unknown

The age of dgillz's ddfs is not important, as the table structure has not changed since the inception of Macola for Windows. I developed a set a few years ago along with a report, however I did this with another company and no longer have the solution in my posession.

Once you have dgillz's ddfs you will find a screen id, screen name, screen number, and screen data field. The screen id field is 8 characters and contains the name of the screen that is used by Macola designer to reference the field.

The screen name field is 10 characaters long and contains the name of the user that the screenset applies to. If there is no customization then this field value will be "MACOLA" for default, a group name or Macola user name. In addition you may find "MACOLAED". In Macola prior to 7.6.200 this is the screen name that is used when a source code enhancement is in use for the module in question. Starting with Progresion 7.6.200 any screenset named "MACOLAED" is used regardless of source code enhancements. (If you want to develop a screenset that you don't have to copy to everyone this is a good way to do it. You would need to develop the custom screenset under any names but "MACOLA" or "MACOLAED" and then copy it to "MACOLED" after completing your changes, but I digress).

The screen number field contains a number of 1, 2, or 3. Each screen can take up to 3 rows of data in the database and this field just indicates the order in which the screen designer concatenates the data in the next field.

The screen data field is either 3000 characters long and contains binary information that represents the screen design.

That being said, in your report make sure you filter for only screen number 1 (you can ignore 2 and 3) and make sure you properly handly group and "MACOLAED" screen names and you have yourself a report.

Scott Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back