Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Scrape Help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2006
CA
I have an application that I would like to use to screen scrape a particular website for some data that I need. The problem is that in order to get to the page that I want to screen scrape I must first login. I know the the username and password that is required. I know how to do the screen scrapping (if I could login) but I cannot get my application to login and therefore cannot get the data that I need. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

Use the web browser component to load the page. Then you can fill in the boxes by name by getting the html document from the browser.

The other option would be to find out what script is being called when you click the login button and just call that url directly with your own string including username and password.

The second option is actually easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back